Many frustrated professionals have difficulties taking action, especially when working full-time. For this reason, I compiled with the valuable support of outstanding experts from my network a list of verified Top 10 Tips that will provide instant value to anyone who is thinking about taking a new direction in their professional life:
- Before you start: Become aware that your energy level is essential. According to the law of resonance, you attract the same energy as you are transmitting. Cultivate positive thoughts and feelings.
- Decide on your outcome and begin with the end in mind: what do you want to achieve? Release yourself from the expectations of others.
- Discover why you want to create this outcome and how it is aligned with yourself. To become successful you must shine from within and give your light to others.
- Get a mentor/coach who has done it before and has a proven track record of successful people he/she worked with.
- Create a plan with clear milestones & dates based on your mentor’s suggestion. Make sure you have sufficient financial security.
- Find a way to stay accountable to your plan, possibly an accountability partner or coach.
- Take massive action and leave your comfort zone – face and overcome your biggest fears.
- Join a community of like-minded people & interact with them (e.g. joining a Working Out Loud Circle where you can focus on your goal for three months with a clear roadmap and the support of a group of professionals).
- Celebrate all wins – big AND small!
- Accept your mistakes – be kind to yourself. What matters is that you take your learning with you.
If you like, let me know in the comments if you find this helpful.