Would you like to perform better, advance in your career faster, and experience more work-life balance? You might consider being professionally coached as the research on the impact of professional guidance is clear according to Harvard Business Review. Great coaches become actual mentors, helping you through your life’s challenges and strengthening your mindset so you can achieve anything you set your mind to. Despite all these advantages, more than 54% of working professionals don\’t rely on such a relationship. Why? One reason may be that it is nowadays difficult to find the right expert with whom you can build the required trust base. The market of available coaches, mentors, & consultants seems to be overcrowded. Many professionals complain about the messages they receive daily via LinkedIn. Coaching is an unregulated industry. If you are looking for the right coach you might find the following tips useful:
- Know what you are looking for & verify that experience and expertise of your coach are aligned with what you’re looking to achieve.
- Look for a strategic thinker: You and your needs are unique. Outstanding coaches create a personalized plan that uniquely benefits you and your goals, instead of taking a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Observe the listening & questioning skills: Coaching is about you, your goals or outcomes, and your path toward making them a reality. Top coaches are willing to listen and ask the right questions so they can truly know and understand you.
- Make sure you can open up and be 100 % honest with your coach about your learning style, preferences, and personality.
- Look for someone who has high expectations: You are capable of incredible things and you need to find a coach who can maximize your potential and guide you toward a truly fulfilling life.
- Trust your intuition when choosing a coach and verify if you are feeling truly connected and fully understood.